People mistake this parable as a story about the poor getting rewarded for their suffering while the rich will finally suffer. The real meaning is more relevant than that for us today, as so many fail to heed God’s warnings.
THIS JUST IN! News from the YOUTH LAB – where we are concocting killer youth events customized to suit your inner thrill-seeker! We’ve got two events planned for the February winter break. You are going to want to save the date – I promise! February 15th-16th Youth Group Lock-In. What is a lock-in? It’s where we […]
The bible is a pretty old book. The history it records is 2000 years old and goes back thousands of years before that. As a religious set of books, is the history it records accurate to actual events, or a series of stories to prove that the Jews have a right to this much sought […]
We are examining the genuine questions people have about Christianity and how we might “give an answer for the hope that is within us.” Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Is this philosophical or personal? When people are asking this question they have a reason, either they are trying to make a case against God for some reason, or they are trying to deal with the suffering they are experiencing. If Philosophical, they need to be called out on their underlying motivation at some point […]
Over the next six weeks we will examine the genuine questions people have about Christianity and how we might “give an answer for the hope that is within us.” 20150111 Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In the midst of brokenness and chaos, God has designed to use His church as an agent of reconciliation, bringing beauty in our brokenness. Follow Pastor Kris Mannale through 2 Corinthians 5:20-21, from his sermon on January 4, 2015.20150104 Podcast: Play in new window | Download
There are certain questions in life that are easier to avoid than seek real answers for. It’s not a big deal if you’re trying to find the hypotenuse of a triangle or whether a falling tree makes a sound if no one is around to hear it. But some questions are too important to ignore. […]
*Luke 16:1-17 is the next passage in our study through the Gospel of Luke. The timing is not intentional, but it is fitting. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- March 1, 2015 March 2, 2015
- The King Jesus Gospel Luke 16:14-18 February 23, 2015
- EGGstravaganza Easter Festival February 17, 2015
- Explore God: How does knowing Jesus help me? February 16, 2015
- Explore God: Can I like Jesus and hate religion? February 11, 2015
- Ginger Amantia Sapir: Thank you Lord, I was able to do a podcast of past...
- Stephen Arters: This is the other quote about the effect of porn a...
- Stephen Arters: This is the quote I shared from Mark Batterson. h...
- Marie: I think it's toddler Elsas you have to worry abou...
- pat janoff: So glad to hear from someone who can articulate wh...
Follow @DixHillsChurch on Twitter