Latest DHEFC Update
- Rafael and Mary Restrepo – April 2013 Update Dear Friends,Thank you for your prayers these past weeks as we visited our missionaries, Rene and Jenny in Bolivia, SA. It was a great experience for us. It was my first time in that country and we enjoyed every minute of ministry that we had.
Rene and Jenny have been there as our missionaries from the Spanish churches since October 2010. They are doing a fantastic job for the Kingdom. Because of their great involvement, they kept us very busy. We were with them 14 days and we spoke 12 times, did a radio interview, a newspaper interview, we helped Rene in the baptism of 2 young men, Ricardo and Miguel both 19 years old, personally prayed with 12 people to receive Christ as Savior, and visited a Rehab Center that Rene helps from time to time.
He kept us busy but it was very rewarding. Jenny is the manager of a daycare for 100 children, the majority of the families are unchurched and they have monthly meetings to talk about Biblical Principles in child rearing. I spoke at one of these meetings and shared the gospel with the parents.
Rene has two mission points in the jungle and we set the stage for a third village where he will help a small struggling church with a young pastor.
Rene is the Assistant Pastor at the church where their son, Victor, attends. It was Victor who asked Rene and Jenny to come and help in the church. Jenny is the Sunday School superintendent there and Rene is the assistant and the missions’ pastor. He has been developing their missions’ program into the Jungles east, north and south of Santa Cruz. We did not have the time to visit one of the villages which was about 250 miles south. It is an 8 hour drive because the road is only paved the first 60 miles. We saw pictures and had a call from the worker that is there, wanting us to come down. We said it would have to wait until our next visit…
Thank you for your continuing prayers for Rene and Jenny.
Rafael and Mary
Past DHEFC Updates
- Rafael and Mary Restrepo – April 2013 Update Dear Friends,Thank you for your prayers these past weeks as we visited our missionaries, Rene and Jenny in Bolivia, SA. It was a great experience for us. It was my first time in that country and we enjoyed every minute of ministry that we had. Rene and Jenny have been there as our missionaries from the ...
- Rafael and Mary Restrepo Missions Update – March 2013
- Rafael and Mary Restrepo Missions Update – February 2013 New Year … New Challenges This year has started out to be no different than the one just ended, full of challenges and surprises from God. In order to give more time to new responsibilities, we decided to end some old ones. In December 2012, Rafael stepped down from the board of the Evangelical Council of Murcia ...
- Rafael and Mary Restrepo December 2012 Update
- Rafael and Mary Restrepo December 2012 Update Dear Friends, As you might remember from our Thanksgiving email letter we mentioned that Rafael would be going into North Africa. Rafael spent one week in a new country where he saw first hand the miraculous working of God in the lives of many converted Muslims. This was so different from what we have experienced in ...