Luke 8:40-56 is a passage that demonstrates Jesus’ authority over disease and death itself. These people come to Jesus because he is their only hope. May our worship service today bring us to a point of trusting in Jesus as our sure hope and deliverer. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Archive | Teaching RSS feed for this section
Three stories point to the authority given to Jesus over realms of the natural and supernatural world. This prepares us to have confidence in the power of Jesus as we make disciples and serve the Lord. Let us grow today in our trust in Jesus. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Jesus parable of the soils reveals four responses to the Word of God. Each reveals a spiritual condition we may be facing and offers guidance for us as those who desire to share the Word of God with others. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
God’s calling on your life should not be thwarted by fear. Let’s learn how to receive God’s calling in your life and trust him without fear! Podcast: Play in new window | Download
God is an agent of change. He himself does not change, but because we are not yet like Him in perfection, He is constantly exposing us to change. However, change is stressful. Moses endured an unprecedented degree of change every 40 years without unraveling. This sermon will explore what gave him such resilience and how […]
In this brief passage, we see the result of the gospel in the lives of several women. They are moved to action in support of the ministry of Jesus. While we hear so much about the 12 disciples in the other gospel accounts, women form a bigger part of the picture in Luke’s account. This […]
“Is this what we should expect from God? Is this His plan?” Like John the Baptist in Luke 7, we can easily find ourselves asking whether the teaching and life of Jesus are the total answer for our life situations. Let this worship service give you confidence in Jesus himself. Podcast: Play in new […]
After the sermon on the plain, Luke moves into a section of his gospel that both teaches about the power of Jesus and reveals the heart responses of various people. We need to find ourselves in the text to know how we ought to respond to the Son of God in our midst. Podcast: […]
Life Happens, But Foundations are Planned In these few verses Jesus warns the crowds about neglecting the unseen and unglamorous foundation of their lives. In a results world, it is really easy to start building upward without taking the time to build down to the solid footing of the Word of God. Podcast: Play […]
Dix Hills EFC (Dix Hills, NY)
- All Authority Has Been Given To Me Luke 8:40-48 March 2, 2014 March 2, 2014
- Exorcising Your Demons Luke 8:19-39 February 23, 2014 February 23, 2014
- Cultivating for the Gospel Luke 8:4-18 February 16, 2014 February 16, 2014
- Be Strong and Courageous! – Craig Muller – February 9, 2014 February 9, 2014
- Adapting to Change – Pastor Stephen Palm – February 2, 2014 February 2, 2014
- Debi Tracy Hirsch: I enjoyed attending last year as a guest of Nancy ...
- ssutter: Ashley and I have been quoting from this all week!...
- Elder/Counselor Steve Rise speaks to MOPS Group - Dix Hills Evangelical Free Church: [...] Encouraging Mothers of Preschoolers [...]...
- Smithbobby950: Job well done ...
- Preaching in Romans… | Sam Sutter and Ashley Sutter: [...] By now Romans has been pretty clear about wh...
Subscribe to Weekly News
Follow @DixHillsChurch on Twitter