After some harsh words regarding the need for repentance, Jesus tells a few stories about the character of God’s kingdom. Simply put, God’s plan is unfolding, growing, expanding. And though it is big enough for all who enter, the entry point is narrow. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Archive | Teaching RSS feed for this section
Jesus deals with two issues that the religious establishment was getting wrong. First, they were so bound in the legalism of Judaism that they missed the gift of God in the Sabbath. Secondly, they were so bound in the legalism that they could not show love for those bound up in pain. Observance of the […]
Having embraced disciple-making as a way of life, we tune our ears to our Lord Jesus. In Luke 12:49-59 Jesus wants the people to understand the times-that there will be division, that they need to recognize him, that they need to get right with God, and that grace is extended only for a time. Many […]
Jesus calls us to love one another. American culture calls us to be independent and closed off individuals. Our sinful nature calls us to isolate ourselves and protect ourselves. To be the church means being committed to living in community with others. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Jesus says “Go make disciples” and yet discipleship remains on the fringes of the church, a job for the really serious teacher types. It’s time that changes. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Over the next four weeks we will examine some “First Principles” outlined for us in the scriptures as we understand God’s plan for the church. The first is the primal creed, “Jesus is Lord!” Though simple in wording, this creed packs a lot of theology with implications for how we function as the people of […]
As those entrusted with the mission of God and the Word of God, Christians have a great responsibility to those around us. In this passage, Jesus speaks of his return and finding his servants obedient or wanting. Would that we be attentive to the unfolding plan of God for our lives and communities. Podcast: […]
Americans are fish in an ocean of materialism such that we hardly recognize what is all around us. As Jesus speaks about wealth and want, let us be open to the conviction of the Spirit concerning our own materialism. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Some of us are content to just study. Some of us are content to just serve. Lord, let our study lead to our obedience that we might not become puffed up or idle. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- God’s Not Dead – Movie Night @ YG 10/24 October 21, 2014
- The Character of the Kingdom Luke 13:18-35 October 19th, 2014 October 19, 2014
- Church Campus Work Day October 16, 2014
- Breakaway October 16, 2014
- Love and Legalism Luke 13:10-17 October 12th, 2014 October 12, 2014
- Stephen Arters: We will put them to work. Washing bathrooms, furna...
- alan d: I'll drop the kids off @7:00 am......
- Debi Tracy Hirsch: I enjoyed attending last year as a guest of Nancy ...
- ssutter: Ashley and I have been quoting from this all week!...
- Elder/Counselor Steve Rise speaks to MOPS Group - Dix Hills Evangelical Free Church: [...] Encouraging Mothers of Preschoolers [...]...
Subscribe to Weekly News
Follow @DixHillsChurch on Twitter