Jesus encounters another person who is being oppressed by a demonic spirit. After setting the man free he is accused of being strengthened by demonic power himself. While many people today are unsure about religion, they continue to be intrigued by the occult. They see it as a source of power and spirituality that does […]
Archive | Teaching RSS feed for this section
Today we hear from Rafael and Mary Restrepo who serve as church planters in Spain. God has blessed their ministry to plant three churches and has opened up new areas of ministry during their recent term in Spain. Allow your heart to be moved for the lost and broken as you hear their story. […]
Jesus instructs his disciples how to pray and we are to listen to him. While these words are incredibly familiar, we must push past our assumptions on prayer and be encouraged by Jesus’ command. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It is easy for faith to devolve into a series of religious observances, doing this and that to please God, and to maintain the church. We serve and do, sometimes without even stopping to listen to Jesus. Today we will be reminded that true discipleship cannot stray from time spent with Jesus. Podcast: Play […]
Yeah, today’s passage is gonna sting. But, Happy Father’s Day! Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Costly grace is the gospel, which must be sought again and again, the gift which must be asked for, the door at which a man must knock. Such grace is costly because it calls us to follow, and it is grace because it calls us to follow Jesus Christ. It is costly because it costs […]
Right after the amazing revelation of the glory of Jesus on the mountain, Luke leads us to a series of failures on the part of the disciples. We need to learn from their failures about our own tendencies as disciples of Jesus so that we can better help others listen to Jesus and do what […]
The disciples who walked with Jesus often misunderstood his mission and who it was who walked with them. Though they saw miracles and teaching with authority, they were not prepared for the experience on the mountain. Likewise, today, the world wants Jesus to be one figure among many, misunderstood about who he is and what […]
“Who Do People Say That I Am?” As we celebrate Palm Sunday today, and focus our attention on Jesus the King, we must be reminded to not make Jesus in our own image as so many others have. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Dix Hills EFC (Dix Hills, NY)
- “Jesus On The Occult” Luke 11:14-26 July 13, 2014 July 13, 2014
- You Are God’s Workmanship Ephesians 2:8-10 July 6, 2014 July 6, 2014
- Teaching Someone to Pray Luke 11:1-13 June 29, 2014 June 29, 2014
- Being and Doing Luke 10:38-42 June 22, 2014 June 22, 2014
- Loving Your Neighbor Luke 10:25-37 June 15, 2014 June 15, 2014
- Debi Tracy Hirsch: I enjoyed attending last year as a guest of Nancy ...
- ssutter: Ashley and I have been quoting from this all week!...
- Elder/Counselor Steve Rise speaks to MOPS Group - Dix Hills Evangelical Free Church: [...] Encouraging Mothers of Preschoolers [...]...
- Smithbobby950: Job well done ...
- Preaching in Romans… | Sam Sutter and Ashley Sutter: [...] By now Romans has been pretty clear about wh...
Subscribe to Weekly News
Follow @DixHillsChurch on Twitter