Some of us are content to just study. Some of us are content to just serve. Lord, let our study lead to our obedience that we might not become puffed up or idle. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Archive | Teaching RSS feed for this section
While some might say they don’t care what people think, all of us are led, in one degree or another, by the approval of others. Jesus reminds us of the approval we ought to seek first. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
At a dinner party with a Pharisee, Jesus challenges his host and the rest of the guests on the hypocrisy and false teaching that are evident in their religious lives. This serves as a warning to religious types like us to flee from an […]
Matthew 11:28—”Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” This Sunday we will be looking at what Jesus wants us to do with our baggage. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
God speaks to us, but what do we do with that word? Just because we have “ties” to Christianity doesn’t make us ok in God’s eyes, rather He expects us to respond to his Word. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Jesus encounters another person who is being oppressed by a demonic spirit. After setting the man free he is accused of being strengthened by demonic power himself. While many people today are unsure about religion, they continue to be intrigued by the occult. They see it as a source of power and spirituality that does […]
Today we hear from Rafael and Mary Restrepo who serve as church planters in Spain. God has blessed their ministry to plant three churches and has opened up new areas of ministry during their recent term in Spain. Allow your heart to be moved for the lost and broken as you hear their story. […]
Jesus instructs his disciples how to pray and we are to listen to him. While these words are incredibly familiar, we must push past our assumptions on prayer and be encouraged by Jesus’ command. Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It is easy for faith to devolve into a series of religious observances, doing this and that to please God, and to maintain the church. We serve and do, sometimes without even stopping to listen to Jesus. Today we will be reminded that true discipleship cannot stray from time spent with Jesus. Podcast: Play […]
Yeah, today’s passage is gonna sting. But, Happy Father’s Day! Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Dix Hills EFC (Dix Hills, NY)
- Paul’s Letter to Titus August 17th, 2014 August 17, 2014
- Before God or Man- Luke 12:1-12 August 10th, 2014 August 12, 2014
- The Perils of Religion Luke 11:37-54 August 3rd, 2014 August 3, 2014
- Baggage Claim Matthew 9 & 11 July 27, 2014 July 27, 2014
- Responding to the Word of God Luke 11: 27-36 July 20th, 2014 July 20, 2014
- Debi Tracy Hirsch: I enjoyed attending last year as a guest of Nancy ...
- ssutter: Ashley and I have been quoting from this all week!...
- Elder/Counselor Steve Rise speaks to MOPS Group - Dix Hills Evangelical Free Church: [...] Encouraging Mothers of Preschoolers [...]...
- Smithbobby950: Job well done ...
- Preaching in Romans… | Sam Sutter and Ashley Sutter: [...] By now Romans has been pretty clear about wh...
Subscribe to Weekly News
Follow @DixHillsChurch on Twitter